Britney Spears’ lawyer disputes the charges made by her housekeeper

Britney Spears' lawyers deny battery allegations

Britney will not be prosecuted with any charges in connection with the alleged encounter with her servant, according to district attorney Erik Nasarenko. An inquiry revealed that there was inadequate evidence of a crime, as well as no injuries to the employee or major damage to her phone.

The Ventura County District Attorney’s Office, to its credit, is dismissing the misdemeanor allegation against Britney Spears, which the Sheriff’s Department has acknowledged was a “very minor” or “extremely minor” incident, even as alleged, and there was also no striking and obviously no injuries,” Britney’s attorney said in a statement to the sources. “As I previously mentioned, this was sensationalised tabloid material — an inflated ‘he said, she said’ over a cell phone. It would not have been pursued or covered at all if it had been Jane Doe instead of Britney Spears.”

“Anyone can lodge an accusation,” the statement added, “but this should never have gotten this far, and we are delighted the DA’s Office has done the right thing.” “Unfortunately, it appears that some have not learnt from their mistakes in the past, and we sincerely hope that the media and others would treat Ms. Spears with more respect in the future.” Britney Spears is being investigated for battery after her housekeeper claims she was slapped in the face with a cell phone.

According to the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office, the alleged confrontation occurred on Monday, August 16 at the Grammy winner’s California home. Spears “hit her,” according to the staff member, but there were no injuries. Deputies arrived at the residence and began an investigation. The investigation’s findings will be given to the Ventura County District Attorney’s Office, which will consider misdemeanor battery charges. The sheriff’s office, on the other hand, says the matter was classed as a “very minor misdemeanor.”

The housekeeper alleged to sources on Thursday, August 19, that Spears confronted her when she returned to the residence and knocked a phone out of her hands. Before heading to a sheriff’s department to submit a report, the woman summoned deputies to her home. The sheriff’s office told the source that they tried to contact Spears about the alleged incident, but she declined to speak with them. In a statement to Us on Thursday, Spears’ lawyer, Mathew Rosengart, discounted the allegations. “This is sensationalist tabloid fare — nothing more than a fabricated ‘he said, she said’ about a cell phone, with no striking and clearly no injury,” he said. “Anyone can submit a complaint, but this should have been dealt with right away.” 

The probe takes place in the midst of the singer’s legal battle over her conservatorship, which she has been under since 2008. During a court hearing in June, she came up for the first time about the ordeal. Spears told a judge at the time, “It’s been a long time since I’ve held my money,” expressing her wish to end the conservatorship. “And it is my wish and dream for all of this to come to an end without me being put to the test.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.